i usually take the weekends off from blogging but since it's a holiday, i just couldn't help from posting something a bit festive. having been gone for the last chunk of october, my husband and i just carved our pumpkins last night. my main motivation is just to get all the yummy seeds out for roasting though...you can tell this because his pumpkins always look better than mine, just check out the picture at the end of this post.
so here is my recipe for roasting pumpkin seeds (it's super simple!):
1. wash your seeds and get all the pumpkin guts off of them while you preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. spread your seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet (usually one sheet per pumpkin will suffice).
3. lightly drizzle canola oil over the seeds and then sprinkle them with kosher salt.
4. bake for 30 minutes and open the oven to flip and redistribute the seeds every 10 minutes to ensure even roasting.
5. allow to cool and then gobble those babies up! these are a great healthy snack (as long as you go easy on the oil and salt) or as a festive appetizer for your halloween parties. you can also roast squash seeds the same way, they have a similar nutty flavor.
my husband's is the awesome one on the left.