Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Little Cheer to Light the Way

Life Lately 2
 some cold weather goodness

I wanted to let everyone know that you can get free domestic shipping in my etsy shop today and tomorrow by entering the code "FREESHIP11" upon checkout! It applies to everything except for shoe and custom orders so have at it and order your friends and family and handmade goodness for the upcoming holidays. Or, ahem for yourself, cuz that's ok too!

We rolled into our driveway safe and sound late last night after a drive down to DC for Thanksgiving to visit with my brother's family since he is currently working there. It was a really good visit with them, especially since we don't get to see a lot of each other and a great opportunity for my husband and I to get to spend some time in the city we consider our mutual hometown since we grew up in different parts of the country, but met there. I only wish my holiday break was going to be a little longer so I could decorate and enjoy some cozy time at home. Instead, I am plugging away at another paper for grad school and plying myself with lots of tea to fight (what I hope is the last remnants of) a bad cold that I am very much over.

Life lately, in photos—from left to right, top to bottom:
1. Scrambling to make a thanksgiving pumpkin pie Tuesday night before our long drive. It stayed intact to my great relief!
2. We visited a couple of our favorite book stores and took a couple long walks around the district which was lovely, but of course made me quite nostalgic.
3. Massachusetts' first snowfall came into town the day after the election thanks to a mighty ole nor'easter.
4. The Charles River is right outside my window at work. I am a very luck girl.
5. Lamp light in Boston at night during the storm. It was blowing like crazy, but so gorgeous!
6. That Day I Dressed to the Nines, also known as Laundry Day.
7. A sneak peek at some miniature Selbu mittens I embroidered as part of a Christmas project using Alicia Paulson's pattern. I am thoroughly enjoying working on these as it is a perfectly cozy thing to be working on this time of year!
8. The sound of popping cranberries and the smell of port and cinnamon and orange—the holidays are definitely upon us!
9. This set would not be complete without my electric fireplace space heater. Words cannot express how much I adore this thing. To complete my fake but cheap heat, I crank a cd of ambient fireplace crackling. Complete Awesomeness.

2 comments:

Meeling said...

Great shots! Sounds like a great Holiday. :-D

...Nina Nixon... said...

Good luck with the paper - tea is always a good prop...and pumpkin pie and snow 'oh my' - sounds like my kind of late Autumn.

Nina x