Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Improper Bostonian

The Improper Bostonian

Remember the top-secret box that I sent off a couple weeks ago? Well, I can finally let the cat out of the bag...

Amidst the mad rush before our trip, I completed a pair of my embroidered chucks to be featured in the October 2011 weddings issue of the The Improper Bostonian! It's a regional glossy lifestyle magazine so if you're in the Boston area, you can pick one up for free on newsstands city wide or click on over to see the web feature that went live just before the weekend. My husband kindly raided a newsstand for me yesterday since I wouldn't be getting into the city until later this week and I'm tickled pink to see them in print.

I've got to say I am deeply flattered but also intimidated to know my shoes are on almost every corner in Boston right now. They have about a half million readership and this is my first ever non-blog press so it's difficult to gauge what the response will be. It really does feel like my designs and creations are my children—sending them out into the world and not really knowing how they will be received is a bit scary and exciting all at once.

The request came out of the blue and I was so frantic to get them done prior to the deadline for their photo shoot so that we could go on the trip without worrying about having missed such a big opportunity. It's definitely safe to say I was feeling stretched thin: I wasn't yet done with the chuppah and in the midst of writing my first paper for grad school (I recently found out I got an A on both papers I've written so far!). PHEW is all I can say! I am so glad that parts over with and now you know why I haven't been my usual bloggy self. Soon (I hope) my head will stop spinning as I really can't wait to have a day where I get to be still, enjoy the fall weather, and get some time in the studio.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Angela said...

WOW! Congrats! They look AMAZING in the magazine! I am SO SO SO excited for you and hope you sell at least one pair to every reader!

considerthelillies said...

congratulations! looks like you will be getting more business from this! YAY!

Meeling said...

So exciting Kat!!! That's awesome. They look sooo good in the magazine too. :-D

Unknown said...

Eeeeeks! how awesome! Have you been flooded with orders yet?

thestoryofkat said...

Thank you! Now that I have been walking around the city all week, I've got to say it is even more exciting to see the stacks of this magazine and know that I'm in there! WHOA!

So far, I have not been too inundated which is a bit of a relief...I was so worried about having just two hands and keeping life on an even keel. My fingers are crossed the requests continue at a manageable rate :)