Tuesday, January 18, 2011

scenes from a weekend

pie making
Thank you for stopping by! I've gotten so many questions about this pie since the original post so I'm just coming back to let you know I've tried to gather them all up and answer them here for you.

Finally got to make use of the fancy new pastry cutters my husband got me in my stocking.
he knows me so well...and also that it would get me to make him lots of pies...

ice on evergreens
The plowed piles of snow are so high that I can't see around any corners to make a turn without risking my life, forserious. On the other hand, what hasn't been plowed is perfectly awe inspiring.

the perfect pairing
And what better pairing for a winter's day than my knitting and favorite (full) coffee mug?

16 comments:

Meeling said...

Yum!
Those leaves look delicious! And coffee...yum! ;-)

Enjoy your "inside" weather! Sounds perfect for crafting and baking!

Victoria said...

Wow, that IS a pretty fancy pie! :) Your photos are all lovely!

Bethany Dirksen said...

I love the photos you share with us. Such a good eye and I can tell they are really high quality. Just thought I would let you know!

considerthelillies said...

I would love to have a piece of that pie please! so fancy!!

Angela said...

Whoa that is one beautiful and fancy pie!! If I made something that pretty I would not want to eat it!

cabin + cub said...

oh that looks so pretty and delicious! lovely!

Lily Boot said...

that pie is a work of art - I would want to varnish it rather than eat it!

Nelou said...

ummmmmm. love. the. pie. :)

FatThoughtsSkinnyJeans said...

So lovely, wow....what a pretty blog :)

Violet said...

Beautiful pie! Where can I get some cutters like that? :)

thestoryofkat said...

Thank you! The pastry cutters were from Williams-Sonoma. I believe they offer different shapes according to the seasons and I've had my eye on some snowflake ones. Not sure what they currently have available though.

Heather @CommonplaceBeauty said...

Such a beautiful pie! There's obviously a lot of layers there, did it all cook evenly?

thestoryofkat said...

Thank you! This pie was one of the best ones I made all year, it turned out beautifully and is made from scratch, inside and out. There are actually not a lot of layers, but rather, the edges of each leaf layer each other, and no more. I used the recipe from the Joy of Cooking for "basic pie dough" and cooked as usual. Hmmm...I see I'm getting a lot of traffic from pinterest on this. Perhaps I need to expand and do a how to post!

Jessa Smith said...

This is so pretty! Too pretty to eat! I love it!

~Jessa
www.jessajill.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a clever, simple, beautiful idea. Nikki from Tikkido.com

Kellie said...

This is just beautiful but wow that is a lot of crust to eat.