Tuesday, May 25, 2010

adventures in advertising

(the bust june/july issue 2010)

i got my early copy of bust magazine in the mail today and i feel like a proud momma who can't help but share! i'm running my second ad with them in their product showcase that focuses on handmade/artisan goods and i'm really happy with how it turned out...now i just sit back and wait for the sales to come in right?! well, one can hope at least and in the meantime i'm going to dig right into the feature on she+him.

advertising seems to be such a fickle beast, or at least not an easily tamed one, and i know i have a lot to learn about what is best for my products. has anyone else ventured into advertising outside of etsy for their shop and if so, how did it go? i've thought about running a small ad with other venues such as craftcult or craftopolis but would love to hear about any of your experiences first!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I have thought about it but have not taken the plunge. I have considered Craftcult/Craftopolis and also a popular blog I read.

I really want to try at least one before summer is up!

Let us know how your great looking ad does.