Monday, January 11, 2010

french door draft stoppers


This past weekend i switched on an audiobook (The Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin...so far, so good) and got to work on a stack of sewing projects in my queue. I prepped several new hand-printed linen dishcloths as well as some aromatherapy compress'. A few of the compress' I backed with some different shades of polka dot flannel which matches so well and which will provide a nice bit of soft coziness for aches and pains in these colder months! I hope to be posting the dishtowels and compress' by the end of the week so keep an eye out.

One of the big projects that I put the finishing touches to were two of my double stuffed color theory draft stoppers, only these were a much bigger order than usual! Both were to be doubled in length for a custom order so that they would fit a set of french doors. These also feature a tie at one end so that the decorative outer bag can be removed for easy cleaning. Alas, no french doors in my house so I got this photo of them before packaging them up and am quite happy with how they turned out. I always enjoy the satisfaction of putting a new twist on one of my own patterns so that it fits someone's needs just right!

3 comments:

Big Yellow Dog said...

I LOVE all the colors!!

thestoryofkat said...

thank you! :)

Jenny B said...

They look beautiful! Cannot wait to see them in person and put them to use!

Best,
Jenny Block
www.jennyonthepage.com