Tuesday, January 6, 2009

on the horizon


i spent part of my day finishing up three packages of lined envelopes. These new ones are all so bright with very nice paper, very girly and stylish i think. i have such fun coordinating all the pieces, the patterns, the images and colors and a wonderful feeling of accomplishment upon being able to introduce them to my shop and to you!


They've each been posted to my shop now so you can see more photos of them in detail there.


Other than that I also found a part-time job that I want to apply to....finally something I am qualified for exists!! It is a cataloguing position with a fine arts auction house and I'm hoping it could be my lucky break. Everyone knows that being a working adult can be a bit overwhelming at times, but since I have not been able to work, I crave the feeling of being needed, of having an intellectually stimulating purpose to my life in some way. Plus, i've had to start buying awful coffee to help us stay on our budget and GOOD GRIEF, it would be so nice to have some ridiculously expensive whole coffee beans in the pantry! :) Apart from coffee though, I have also loved building my Etsy shop as the weeks and months of unemployment have passed. It's the one thing which I have control of and it has given me back some of that sense of purpose which I thought lost.

Thank you for stopping by the blog, it's always great to see more faces "follow" along and to find out about how other Etsians are getting along with their craft and their growing businesses. If you'd like to follow along as well, just scroll down and to your right to see the new FOLLOW feature on the blog—Welcome and make yourself at home!

No comments: