Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The City Set

City Set Embroidery Pattern
The City Set pattern, detail

I moved around a lot in my twenties and found myself loving life in the center of a few bustling cities. Walking to work with a steaming cup of hot coffee from my favorite cafe, navigating traffic and construction as vespas whizzed by, admiring all the different architecture, accents, and food smells. Working late and ordering chinese food, taking sunday walks and reading on park benches. There is nothing quite like it!


I wanted to capture those memories in this pattern and also try out something that was a bit more modern and urban, but still in keeping with the charm and detail of my other patterns. I started sketching all of it out early this summer and the pattern is now available in my shop!

And some other good news: thanks to a new feature on etsy, all my individual pattern listings can now be downloaded as soon as you pay for them. Instant shopping gratification! The PDF includes an example, a forward and reverse pattern, a color suggestion guide and chart, as well as instructions for my three favorite (and most dependable) transferring methods. 

City Set Embroidery Pattern

Stay tuned— I have a couple more new patterns that will be available this fall and winter.
In the meantime, happy stitching!

No comments: