Friday, September 7, 2012

Fashion's Night Out, Boston 2012

Fashion's Night Out, Boston 2012

So I was pretty darn flattered to be a part of Fashion's Night Out in Boston last night and have my pieces exhibited as part of a pop-up shopping event at the Copley Society Gallery on Newbury Street (the art history nerd in me was geeked about that part especially). All I could think about leading up to it was trying to get everything done in time so I wasn't nervous at all...until I arrived for set-up and then the evening of and was able to take the whole thing in. Ok, then I may have been feeling a wee intimidated...

The evening was even larger than I expected with block upon block of Newbury Street all decked out, shop doors swung open, live bands playing, people everywhere, luxury cars lined up where once were parallel parked commuters, a red carpet runway show and open-air lounge right in the middle of the street, live models staring at you where manikins had stood the day before, and even a dj spinning in the Marimekko store with people lounging on their beanbags outside—it was kind of incredible just to see it all and do some of the best people-watching I've seen in a while!

The Story of Kat at FNO Boston 2012

I was really looking forward to the new merchandise I wanted to road test there and was pleased with the feedback I got. All the pieces leftover from the show are on their way to my etsy shop, with a few listed already. There will be new jewelry (including necklace pendants and sweater clips, both featuring Liberty of London tana lawn prints), embroidered hoop art, and a collection of handkerchiefs and pocket squares with subversive little phrases embroidered on them. And when I say subversive, I mean there are mentionings of schnozberries and other such immature things that people with a sense of humor akin to mine will hopefully appreciate!

O, and yes, you can now follow me on ye olde instagram if you like under the name, of course: thestoryofkat.

2 comments:

Meeling said...

How fun!!

Loving your sweater clips!

Christina said...

That's so cool! Sounds like it was awesome!