Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A work in progress...

color wheel draft stoppers, wip
wip color wheel draft stoppers for the festival

After making three lists of things that need to get done/organized (products, signage, and set-up items), I've dived in head first to all the work that May has in store for me. Why is there so much work to be done? Well, I recently found out that I've been accepted as a vendor for the Providence Art Festival on June 4th! It's a juried festival of 70 of the region's best handmade artisans (from jewelry to home goods, clothing and accessories, pottery, soaps and more) as well as live music, crafty activities for kids, street performers, and local food vendors so you can easily spend the whole day in downtown Providence enjoying all that's going on.

Ever since I started my etsy shop back in 2008, I've participated in a few small-time holiday craft fairs or trunk shows but I've never been a part of something on this scale and I'm really looking forward to challenging myself to work at this level and to be a part of all the day has to offer. That means that these next few weeks are GO TIME! I'm a little nervous but mostly excited and want to produce my best work so that I can be proud to set up with all the other artists as well as make a successful day out of it. If all goes well, maybe more big shows like this will be in my future.

There's a chance I'll get a bit distracted from the blog as I work to prepare for the show but I'm going to do my best to stay connected and hope you'll hang in there with me. Of course, if you are in the area, I hope you'll mark your calendars and come on down to see me!

4 comments:

DK said...

Sweet! Good luck and have fun preparing!

Meeling said...

Very cool! I'm sure you'll do great and what fun...you'll be a busy gal this next while!

Angela said...

You are going to do great! Wow - not too much time to prepare either-- good luck getting everything prepared

Christina said...

Exciting! I hope it goes really well for you!