Friday, April 2, 2010

my first attempt at pattern making

(fabric in background is from the My Folklore line printed by Lecien, Kaleidoscope in red and pink)

this is just a little project i've been trying to finish up in the past few days in time for easter as a present for my 1.5 year old niece. she is already very much into Angelina Ballerina as my sister and i were when we were young...so much so that my sister had a white pet rat which she named angelina...weird family, i know.


ANYWAYS, i know they don't read this blog so i can share this easter gift i got together for her without spoiling the surprise. I found the gently used board book on colors for just 1 cent(!) on amazon and the stuffed toy at IKEA in the kid's section for a couple bucks. as soon as i saw it, i knew it would be a perfect angelina doll and so i made the little pink skirt for it out of some extra pink satin i had in my stash, some elastic, and thread. i'm ridiculously proud of myself as it's my first, albeit very simple, attempt at pattern making (for clothes that is) and i even managed to get a few pleats in! it's the small things that keep one going, eh?

p.s. speaking of easter, did you see the amazing egg bouquets over on design sponge?!
p.p.s. did you enter the giveaway yet? tomorrow is the last day!

4 comments:

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

So cute and good work! Doesn't it feel good to sew? I am so happy I started again.

picciolo said...

what a thoughtful present, your little skirt looks perfect!
: )

Jen said...

how wonderful! What a lucky little girl! :D

thestoryofkat said...

thank you everyone, it's so very nice to hear that :) i just hope my hand stitching stands up to the kid test!