Saturday, February 13, 2010

my ravelympics project


here is the gorgeous yarn that i am using for my ravelympics project. it is from Wooly Rhinoceros's etsy shop, a woman who lives on the sea of Galilee in Israel (!!)—she does the whole process from shearing to dyeing and spinning by hand. now that's talent.

at the heart of the ravelympics is the idea that they, "support you in expanding your knitting/crocheting horizons." It's all about challenging yourself at whatever level you are at. Since I am just a novice at crochet, that means a fairly simple project! I have chosen to make a beret, this beret in fact. for many, it is all about completing multiple projects for the most yardage, but i'm just determined to conquer crochet and teach myself this bleepity bleep needle art!

the good thing is that i sat down to go through the official ravelympics rules and you do not have to be attached to a team to participate, just tag your project with the little "r" button that comes up when you are editing your project details. once you click on that, you'll be able to choose from among different teams (if you belong to one) and different events. so i am now officially competing in the speed skate and half pipe events! which means i better get off this computer and get my rear in gear!

2 comments:

Almay Alday said...

Wow! That yarn is gorgeous! I love the red.

thestoryofkat said...

yes, the red is what i couldn't resist...it's like that credit card just leaped from my wallet! oops!